Side hustles – could they really replace your full time income?
You bet they can. In fact creating your own side hustle is becoming quite the trend. With bestselling books like Side Hustle: From idea to income in 27 days my friend Chris Guillebeau just released, and there are many blogs and podcasts dedicated to it.
Having a side hustle is a great way to test and validate that what you want to build is actually going to fly, before you quit your job or throw your life savings into a business that hasn’t made a sale yet!
Judging from a State of the Side Hustle survey of over 2,000 people done by Podia this year, the online course/ digital downloads/membership space is only going to grow in the foreseeable future, as more folks are looking to leave their full time employment to make a go of creating passive income than ever before.
If you’re a content creator who’s been looking to make a profit from your side hustles, then this episode of Untapped is perfect for you, as Len Markidan, Chief Marketing Officer at Podia, dives right into the juicy details.
We chat about how the creator economy is booming and that this is causing employers to be terrified.
And rightly so, as I keep harping on about in my podcasts on how to tap into the future of work and designing your own ideal lifestyle with multiple work gigs!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Just how many content creators are looking to quit their day jobs and replace their full-time income with their side hustles
- How many of the creators survey have a day job and how many of them plan to quit to become a full-time creator.
- Of those creators who plan to quit their jobs, how so they plan to leave them!
- The 3 most common channels for monetization right now
- How passion, profit and potential all fit together as a content creator
- How Podia helps content creators sell their digital products in one easy-to-use platform
- Why you should consider taking your side hustle and turning it into your full-time gig.
Check out Podia, an online platform that removes the mess of digital duct-tape by replacing all the different tools creators need so you can sell courses, digital downloads and memberships!
Infographic: State of the Side Hustle that we refer to throughout this episode.
Side Hustle Nation – my interview with Nick: 122: How to Re-Purpose Content Into Multiple Income Streams.
Download my Get Paid to Be YOU Audio and Bonus 9 Step Guide. You'll learn how to combine your knowledge, skills and passions into multiple income streams that amplify your purpose, impact and profit.